Monday, January 14, 2013

January 2013 Birchbox!

Have you ever heard of Birchbox? It's a subscription service where you receive deluxe samples once a month. And it only costs $10! I've gotten the chance to try some products that I've really loved through it. It's so exciting to see one in my mailbox each month!

This month, I got quite a few products that I was already in the market for, which is great. Now I can test them before deciding what to purchase!


The first is Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo. I've been in the market for a clarifying shampoo to use once a month, but one that won't strip my color-treated hair, or dry it out. This shampoo is 100% vegan, sulfate and paraben free and gentle on hair. Can't wait to try it out!


 The next item was theBalm cosmetics Hot Mama eyeshadow/blush. To me, it looks exactly like Nars Orgasm (you can't really tell from the picture) which is my all-time favorite blush. Even though it is cheaper and just as pretty, I probably won't replace this for Nars in my collection. This size would be nice to travel with, though!




The third item is Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream. I currently use a Josie Maran tinted argan daily moisturizer, which doesn't work as great in the winter as it did in the fall, as far as moisture goes. But, it has SPF 40, and I prefer daily lotions with a high SPF. This may be good to try for a night cream, since it doesn't have SPF.



The next item is LASHEM Measurable Difference Lash Gel Serum. My lashes aren't pathetic by any means, but I definitely want thicker, fuller lashes! I've been in the market for a serum. I used to use the one by wet n wild, but it ended up giving me a stye along my lash line (eww...). I'm excited to try to see if this works, but the full-size is $69.99 - which I wouldn't pay unless there were dramatic results.


The perfume sample I received was Harvey Prince Skinny Chic. It says that it's a blend of green apple, mint and lotus blossom - and you can definitely smell the green apple! It will be a nice scent for spring.


The last piece that came was the Birchbox fold-out poster with 25 ideas "for maximizing your individual happiness."


That's it! I'm pretty happy with mine this month. Do you have a Birchbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment