Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Spiral Curls"

Disclaimer: I only wash my hair once a week, twice if it gets too oily. My hair is super dry, and my roots take about 4 days before they get oily. I consider myself lucky in that regard, because I get so bored when doing my hair! After I wash it, I'll either blow it out with a round brush, or run a 1 1/4 inch curling iron through it. Every once and a while I'll wear it up, but that's the extent of it.

I was browsing through my YouTube subscriptions when I came across this how-to by michele1218 (who is my favorite YT guru, you should definitely check out her channel!). I also have a 1 inch and a 3/4 inch curling iron, both of which I hardly ever use. I decided to bust out my 3/4 inch and copied her tutorial. My iron has a clip, but I used it like it was a curling wand.

It came out great! The technique takes some getting used to, and I could definitely use more practice. But it gave a more "natural" curled look. If you're getting bored with your everyday hair routine, try her tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment