Monday, January 7, 2013

Top 12 of 2012!

There where a few standout products for me in 2012. I made a list of my favorites (in no particular order) that were both beauty and non-beauty related items. I didn't include links for where to buy them, but I'll talk about where I found them in the description!


Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in "Bad to the Bronze" - This is my favorite "lazy day" shadow. I just swipe some all over my lid with mascara and it makes a very put-together look! It's also a great base when doing a bronze-y look. It does tend to crease, so I always use a primer. I got mine at CVS.


Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Blush in Exposed - Another great "lazy day" shade! It's a mix between a bronze and rose color. It can be used as both a blush and a bronze or contour color, and adds a nice amount of color if you're going for a more intense eye look. Tarte is carried at Sephora.


Tazo Zen tea - I don't drink a lot of coffee, maybe twice a month if that! I drink a lot of tea though. This one was one that I kept reaching for all year! It's a great pick-me-up in the morning, and it's great iced in the summer. It's a green tea with a mild mint flavor, which I really like. Target has a great selection of Tazo teas.


Clarisonic Plus - scratch what I said above - if I had to chose an all-time favorite, this would be it! I cannot say enough about the Clarisonic. My skin has never looked better. Every woman should have one! I also get that annoying chicken skin on my upper arms, and the brush attachment really helps with it.


Brush Lab round brush size large - This makes my hair look like I had it done at a salon. I am by no means a hair expert, but this brush helps to make you look like one! I got mine at Ulta.


Scarves! - I'm a scarf addict (this is a small sample of my collection). My favorite this year has been big, chunky infinity scarves. I wear them to work, when out running errands - anywhere! They can add so much to an outfit.


Lush Tea Tree Water Toner Water - I used to swear by witch hazel until I found this. I always use a toner after washing my face, and this has really made a difference. I've noticed a reduction in the amount of breakouts I've had, and my face doesn't get as oily as it used to. Plus it smells great!


Cooking Light subscription - I love to cook, and I try to cook as healthy as I can. One of my resolutions was to get back on track with eating healthy, but I get tired of grilled chicken and brown rice. This magazine has a lot of great ideas for healthy, easy meals that don't get boring!


Tweezerman angled tweezers - I pluck my own eyebrows instead of getting them waxed. This little baby gets every.single.little.hair. I kid you not. You can find Tweezerman at Sephora.


Alex and Ani bracelets - These bracelets have really exploded in New England (I'm sure elsewhere as well) over the past year. I have a pretty little collection growing. I love how dainty the bracelets are, the meaning behind the different ones, and the possibilities for stacking/mixing them.


e.l.f. eyelid primer - This gem is literally $1 at Target. And it makes my eyeshadow last all day. What could be better than that? I've heard it's a dupe for higher end products, but for the price and quality, I have no desire to try other primers.


Bath and Body Works eucalyptus spearmint pillow mist - I spray this on my pillows before bed at night. It really helps to relax both Matt and I and it smells so great (this is one of my favorite scents from B&BW).

So that's it! I hope you enjoyed reading this list, and maybe found some new products to try. What were standouts for you in 2012?

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! My favorites include colored skinny jeans, Moroccan oil for dry split ends, bauble necklaces, loose tea, sequined tops, the fabulous red revlon lipstick you convinced me to buy, josie maran face powder, and of course, rolo mcflurry's with my best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try that Pillow spray. I usually have a hard time falling asleep at night.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete